The Smooth Commerce platform.
One solution brings everything together.
About Smooth Commerce:
Smooth Commerce is a growth-stage tech business located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We’re inspiring a new world of commerce & engagement by powering branded digital customer experiences, and providing a robust program management portal, order management tablet, and integrated solutions. We empower businesses to enhance consumer value and drive success through digital by increasing transaction volumes, repeat business, and revenue. As the world evolves, digital ordering has moved from being a convenience to an essential part of daily life and Smooth Commerce provides an end-to-end seamless platform that retail businesses and their customers turn to for ordering through to delivery.
About the role:
Smooth Commerce is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Toronto team. As a Technical Product Manager at Smooth Commerce, you will report directly to the VP of Product and will be responsible for a successful planning, execution, and on-going support of assigned enterprise clients. The Technical Product Manager will also bring best practices in the management of roadmaps, requirements and interaction with stakeholders within and outside of Smooth Commerce.
What will you be doing?
- Create & maintain enterprise client specific and assigned platform epics project plans, roadmaps & documentation
- Collect, understand and communicate the client’s onboarding requirements to the creative and engineering teams
- Project planning including a Smartsheets project plan, kick-off meetings, weekly status calls with the clients for expectation alignment on deliverables, managing JIRA workloads and assigning resources for execution
- Work closely with the UI/UX team, other product managers, engineering & quality assurance teams to execute successful enterprise client on-boardings and product features
- JIRA maintenance, write detailed user stories and product requirements documents for the assigned platform development work
- Align & articulate client’s requirements with the platform’s capabilities, make trade-off decisions and find workable solutions
- Proactively identify client, project work and internal challenges & escalate where needed
- Understand and keep up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends and innovative solutions being implemented across the industry
- Identifying billing milestones and collaborate with Finance to ensure billing is completed
- Sound understanding of technology & Smooth Commerce product that will allow you to identify opportunities, position and sell platform features to our existing & potential client base
- Prepare & advise on the creation of RFP’s & RFI’s and support the commercial team
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years of technical product management experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical field
- Experience working successfully on an Agile team
- Previous experience working with a SaaS environment is an asset
- Strong business requirement gathering and writing skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to drive consensus and build strong client relationships
- A flexible, driven, highly organized and self-starter personality
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative and constantly changing workplace
- Strong commitment to take ownership and make an impact while delivering quality products
- Familiar with HTML5 versus native debate.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.