UX/UI Design Manager
The Smooth Commerce platform.
One solution brings everything together.
About Smooth Commerce:
Smooth Commerce is a growth-stage tech business located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We’re inspiring a new world of commerce & engagement by powering branded digital customer experiences, and providing a robust program management portal, order management tablet, and integrated solutions. We empower businesses to enhance consumer value and drive success through digital by increasing transaction volumes, repeat business, and revenue. As the world evolves, digital ordering has moved from being a convenience to an essential part of daily life and Smooth Commerce provides an end-to-end seamless platform that retail businesses and their customers turn to for ordering through to delivery.
About the role:
Smooth Commerce is looking for a UX/UI Design Manager to join our Toronto team. As a UX/UI Design Manager at Smooth Commerce, you will be responsible for managing a team of UX/UI Designers and lead user experience, interface design and research functions to improve, revamp & build existing and new platform functionalities across all product lines. In addition, the UX/UI Design Manager will act as client’s & end-consumer's voice within Smooth to build world class user experiences that Smooth’s clients and end-consumers love.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and facilitate big picture planning and demonstrate thought leadership, strategic direction and ambition to establish direction across all Smooth’s product lines of Mobile & Web Apps.
- Audit & improve existing platform experiences, bring consistency and cohesiveness across product lines.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders of the Core Product management team, Product Leadership, other key stakeholders and clients to identify and implement concrete improvement ideas and bring them to life.
- Lead the user experience & interface design for new platform features and product lines at Smooth by working closely & validating concepts with other members of the Core Product management team, Engineering team, Leadership and clients.
- Support the process of design (prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, documentation) and other digital tools to test and improve product experiences in collaboration with internal and external customers.
- Integrate ‘design-thinking’ and user-centered design practices across disciplines within the product team; streamline & optimize file management for all product lines.
- Advocate user research/testing & iterative design and host client advisory sessions for new platform features and product line developments.
- Provide hands-on support, coaching, mentorship and career management in design & technical skills (skills, process, tools).
- Work within the established commercial operating model of the company and maintain open, trusting and effective working relationships with all internal stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management and relationship building with internal and cross-functional partners.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of the needs of the company and technical & non-technical platform/product knowledge.
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and stay ahead of competitors and their design practices.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or certifications in a Design related field of study.
- 5+ years’ experience in either a SaaS, or restaurant tech environment.
- 2+ years of experience managing/leading a team.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges.
- Strong and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Visual and information design abilities, along with UI/ UX, interaction, wireframing/prototyping skills.
- Understanding of design and user experience, including layout, typography, colour theory, visual hierarchy, and deep knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision and prototyping tools.
- Experience conducting research / partnering with user researchers.
- Project management skills to guide, plan, and scope design and documentation work.
- Experience partnering with engineers to design features, products, or services.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines and the ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.