The Smooth Commerce platform.
One solution brings everything together.
About Smooth Commerce:
Smooth Commerce is a growth-stage tech business located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We’re inspiring a new world of commerce & engagement by powering branded digital customer experiences, and providing a robust program management portal, order management tablet, and integrated solutions. We empower businesses to enhance consumer value and drive success through digital by increasing transaction volumes, repeat business, and revenue. As the world evolves, digital ordering has moved from being a convenience to an essential part of daily life and Smooth Commerce provides an end-to-end seamless platform that retail businesses and their customers turn to for ordering through to delivery.
About the role:
Smooth Commerce is looking for a Technical Customer Support Specialist to join our Toronto team. As a Technical Customer Support Specialist at Smooth Commerce, you will be responsible for triaging client support inquiries, diagnosis and/or troubleshooting the issue to achieve best in class response times to our clients. The Technical Customer Support Specialist will also be able to clearly diagnose, identify and report technical issues to the Development teams.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and respond to all client support questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Become an expert on all of the features, technical tools and functions within Smooth's platform.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with clients to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement resolution to reported issues or bugs.
- Monitor and track all client issues via our Hubspot Service Hub ticketing tool and Jira ticketing system.
- Contribute and maintain the knowledge base by writing new articles, updating existing documents and/or archiving articles.
- Maintain all service level objectives for different priorities with service incidents and requests.
- Participate in strategy meetings as it relates to client support by offering out of box, creative automation initiatives that drive and facilitate improvement ideas to enhance the client experience for client support.
- Routinely follow all support and escalation processes and procedures currently in place and take initiative to offer recommendations on process improvements and procedures as needed to drive the business forward.
- Schedule the required resolutions with the appropriate teams to correct the issue or bug reported by our clients.
- Provide daily and monthly reporting on support tickets.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT, Computer Science or a technical field of study\
- Technical understanding of software development practice and beginner to intermediate ability to understand & read APIs, Debuggers, Databases and other codes at a contextual level
- Comfortable working with Virtual Machines & 3rd party integrated softwares while troubleshooting bugs/issues
- Demonstrated experience in a client facing technical support environment with a high level of commitment to the customer experience
- Master at active listening, situation assessment, problem definition, and problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; specifically skilled at articulating the technical in non-technical terms.
- Strong and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- 3-5 years’ experience in either a SaaS, or restaurant tech environment
- Ability to work under pressure and the ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
- Strong team player orientation and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and our diverse workforce.
- ITIL V4 certification would be considered an asset
- Understanding of Scrum & Kanban frameworks would be considered an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.